What is a cookie?
A ‘cookie’ is a small piece of data that a website asks your browser to store on your computer or mobile device. This allows the website to ‘remember’ your actions or preferences over time. Most browsers support cookies but users can set their browsers to decline them. Users can delete cookies whenever they like.
How cookies are used on our website This site may use 2 different types of cookie:
- Session Cookies - Session Cookies are temporary cookies that are not stored on your computer or mobile device. They are used as part of the registration process for financial security purposes. A session cookie is also used to remember your language preference when viewing the site. These session cookies are erased when you close your browser, or after 20 minutes of inactivity.
- Persistent Cookies - Persistent cookies are those placed on your computer or mobile device for a pre-determined length of time when you visit this site. This site only places cookies that are specific to this site.
Our website has introduced Google Analytics in order to assist us with ongoing maintain review, assessment and redevelopment of our website. The most common Google Analytics Cookies are:
|Cookie Name||Expiration Time||Description|
|_ga||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish visitors to site|
|_gat||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|_utmt||10 minutes||Used to throttle request rate|
|_ _utma||12 months from last visit||Used to distinguish visitors and pages visited. Records a unique ID, the date and time of first visit, time of current visit and total number of visits made|
|_ _utmb||30 minutes from last visit||Used to determine new sessions or visits. Stores the number of page views in current visit and start time of visit|
|_ _ utmc||Session cookie||Used to note that the visit has ended when browser is closed|
|_ _utmz||6 months||Records the site you may have linked to our page from. Only records data if you clicked on a link to our site from a different website|
Data that may be logged As stated above, some technical details in connection with visits to this website may be logged by our internet service provider for statistical purposes. Such technical details are confined to the following list:
- The IP address of a visitor’s web server
- The top-level domain name used (e.g. .com, .org, etc.)
- The previous website address from which the visitor reached us, including any search terms used.
- Google analytics that show the traffic of visitors around this website (e.g. pages accessed or documents downloaded).
- The type of web browser and operating system used by the visitor to the website.
The Company uses the above technical data and or cookies to:
- Recognise when a website user moves between pages of the company’s website. This can be used to speed up access to the website as visitors may not have to log every time they use the website (if applicable).
- Carry our research and statistical analysis to help improve website content and to help the company to better understand visitor requirements and interests.
- Target our marketing and advertising campaigns by more effectively by providing interest-based content on the website.
- Make the website user’s online experience more efficient and enjoyable.
Your browser allows you the option of choosing whether you wish to accept cookies or not. Different browsers make different controls available to you, below are links to the most popular manufacturers’ instructions on how to accept or reject cookies. Generally, your browser will allow you the option to accept, refuse or delete cookies at all material times or those cookies relating to specific websites or third party cookies. For informational purposes, the following list of links to the most commonly used browsers are provided without any warranty or representation as to the truthfulness, veracity or relevance of contents therein:
Some cookies that have been set on our website may not be related to the company. As such, the company has no control over the use of any content embedded in a company webpage that is provided by a third party, e.g. a Facebook like button, LinkedIn widget, YouTube video, Google+ button, etc.
By interacting with content embedded in the company website that is provided by a third party (e.g. Facebook, Linked Inn, YouTube, etc.) you acknowledge that the company has no control of any privacy or cookie practices or procedures, or lack thereof, of any relevant third parties. The company does not control the use of any cookies by any relevant third party and cannot access them. Such cookies can only be accessed by the parties who originally set them.
Mr. Ken Milofsky
Woodworkers & Hobbies Supply Centre Limited
1-10 Mount Tallant Avenue,
Information collected by us and how we use it
The information about you that we may collect, use and store (process) includes:
- Information necessary in order to facilitate, process, deliver or relating to the billing of an agreed business transaction (name, address, contact details, billing details, etc.)
- Information you provide to us by filling out any forms on the website or by way of emailing us.
- Records of correspondences whether by email, telephone, through any form on our website or by any other means,
- Details of any business or commercial transactions you carry out with us, whether it be through email, the website, telephone, or by any other means.
How we use your personal information We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing any enquiry requested by you;
- Entering into and or completing any sales or order requested by you;
- Setting up, operating and managing any account or line of credit, if applicable;
- Complying with our legal duties and responsibilities;
- Debt collection and the collection of outstanding monies;
- Monitoring any billing or credit transactions for the purpose of preventing fraud.
Subject to your explicit consent, we may also use your personal information for the purpose of:
- Marketing and Sales promotions;
- Providing you with information about promotional offers on our products and services;
- Carrying out any customer research, survey and analysis.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected, including but not limited to electronic data being protected using appropriate software, relevant networks safety and security checks, and, where applicable, any physical data records will be kept in an appropriately secure environment. We have a general data retention policy that relates to the retention of relevant data for seven years. Personal data that is no longer required will be destroyed and or deleted in secure manner. We do not record or process personal data that is not required or not necessary for any of our stated purposes.
Disclosure of data
If you apply for a credit account with us then in order to help us make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud, to check your age and identity and to prevent money laundering, we may use third parties including credit reference agencies who will record any searches on your file. We may outsource certain commercial functions to external third parties, e.g. debt collection, accounting auditors, etc. and in such cases where you personal data is required for the purposes of completing those functions then an appropriate data processing agreement, with relevant safeguards, will be in place to ensure our ongoing obligations under the data Protection Acts are upheld. We may also have to disclose certain personal data in accordance with any legal obligation imposed on us. Any such disclosure would be in accordance with the law, e.g. disclosed on foot of a court order, etc.
Requesting your data
Any person has the right to find out whether an organisation has any personal data about them, what they use the personal data for and ask for copies of the personal information held by that organisation. If you wish to make a data access request in order to get a copy of any personal data we may process, please write a letter stating that you wish to make a data access request and address it to: Mr. Ken Milofsky Woodworkers & Hobbies Supply Centre Limited 1-10 Mount Tallant Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W. In order to process your request we need two things:
- A cheque for the sum of €6.35 made payable to “Woodworkers & Hobbies Supply Centre Limited” and,
- A copy of your identification (passport, drivers licence, etc.)
The reason we ask for personal identification is to ensure that you are the correct person making the request for your personal data. Unfortunately verbal access request requests or requests made by email cannot be entertained. In response to any data access request, you have the right to refer the matter to the Data Protection Commissioner if you are unhappy with the outcome, however, we ask that you would notify us first of any issue so that we may help resolve it as quickly as possible.
You have the right to rectify any incorrect or inaccurate personal data at no cost to yourself. If you believe that we are incorrectly processing any of your personal data, please inform us by writing to the above person or email us as email@example.com.
Queries or complaints