Information collected by us and how we use it
The information about you that we may collect, use and store (process) includes:
- Information necessary in order to facilitate, process, deliver or relating to the billing of an agreed business transaction (name, address, contact details, billing details, etc.)
- Information you provide to us by filling out any forms on the website or by way of emailing us.
- Records of correspondences whether by email, telephone, through any form on our website or by any other means,
- Details of any business or commercial transactions you carry out with us, whether it be through email, the website, telephone, or by any other means.
How we use your personal information We may use your personal information for the purposes of:
- Processing any enquiry requested by you;
- Entering into and or completing any sales or order requested by you;
- Setting up, operating and managing any account or line of credit, if applicable;
- Complying with our legal duties and responsibilities;
- Debt collection and the collection of outstanding monies;
- Monitoring any billing or credit transactions for the purpose of preventing fraud.
Subject to your explicit consent, we may also use your personal information for the purpose of:
- Marketing and Sales promotions;
- Providing you with information about promotional offers on our products and services;
- Carrying out any customer research, survey and analysis.
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your information is kept secure and protected, including but not limited to electronic data being protected using appropriate software, relevant networks safety and security checks, and, where applicable, any physical data records will be kept in an appropriately secure environment. We have a general data retention policy that relates to the retention of relevant data for seven years. Personal data that is no longer required will be destroyed and or deleted in secure manner. We do not record or process personal data that is not required or not necessary for any of our stated purposes.
Disclosure of data
If you apply for a credit account with us then in order to help us make credit decisions about you, to prevent fraud, to check your age and identity and to prevent money laundering, we may use third parties including credit reference agencies who will record any searches on your file. We may outsource certain commercial functions to external third parties, e.g. debt collection, accounting auditors, etc. and in such cases where you personal data is required for the purposes of completing those functions then an appropriate data processing agreement, with relevant safeguards, will be in place to ensure our ongoing obligations under the data Protection Acts are upheld. We may also have to disclose certain personal data in accordance with any legal obligation imposed on us. Any such disclosure would be in accordance with the law, e.g. disclosed on foot of a court order, etc.
Requesting your data
Any person has the right to find out whether an organisation has any personal data about them, what they use the personal data for and ask for copies of the personal information held by that organisation. If you wish to make a data access request in order to get a copy of any personal data we may process, please write a letter stating that you wish to make a data access request and address it to: Mr. Ken Milofsky Woodworkers & Hobbies Supply Centre Limited 1-10 Mount Tallant Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W. In order to process your request we need two things:
- A cheque for the sum of €6.35 made payable to “Woodworkers & Hobbies Supply Centre Limited” and,
- A copy of your identification (passport, drivers licence, etc.)
The reason we ask for personal identification is to ensure that you are the correct person making the request for your personal data. Unfortunately verbal access request requests or requests made by email cannot be entertained. In response to any data access request, you have the right to refer the matter to the Data Protection Commissioner if you are unhappy with the outcome, however, we ask that you would notify us first of any issue so that we may help resolve it as quickly as possible.
You have the right to rectify any incorrect or inaccurate personal data at no cost to yourself. If you believe that we are incorrectly processing any of your personal data, please inform us by writing to the above person or email us as email@example.com.
Queries or complaints